Travelling With Children
Top tips for the plane:
- Give your child a feed or encourage your child to have a drink during take-off and landing to stop pain in their ears
- Try and sit close to the front - it is quieter and also cuts the chances of annoying the passengers in front of you!
- If your child has had a recent ear infection, check with your doctor before flying
- Choose the right toys to distract your children - a noisy rattle may make you unpopular!
Tops tips for the car:
- Avoid giving them books or comics - it can make them feel sick
- If you do not have air conditioning, try not to travel between the hours of 11am and 3pm when the sun is hottest
- Try to stop for some fresh air or snacks every two hours or so
- Always check that your car seat is fitted properly