Controlling Your Weight: Effective Solution
Enough on your plate?
Experts agree that one of the main things that you can do to help control or lose weight is control the size of food portions. ‘Super-sizing’ has been the downfall of many and it can also be easily forgotten that women need slightly less on their plate than men.
Getting the right balance
The balance of foods in our diet is crucial for weight control and general health. A well balanced diet should, over the course of a day or a week, be made up of:
- One third carbohydrate (potatoes, rice, bread, pasta, cereal)
- One third fruit and vegetables
- One final third as mostly protein (15% meat, fish, eggs or beans, 15% milk and dairy produce and a small 3% other fats and sugars)
How can we help
Some of our pharmacies offer a Weight Loss Support Service. This service with the Pharmacist in a private consultation area includes:
- An initial consultation to establish the level of weight loss desired/needed, some simple checks, focusing on your BMI, body fat percentage and visceral fat level, 1 to 1 advice and a bespoke weight loss plan
- Weekly consultations for the next 3 weeks where the Pharmacist discusses how you have got on since you last met and you jointly set goals to be reviewed at the next meeting
- Thereafter, fortnightly consultations for the next 3 months and then monthly meetings for the next 2 months.
In total you receive 12 weeks of face-to-face help and guidance.