Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
Most health experts agree that in recent years more and more people have developed the condition known as diabetes, putting their health
at some risk.
Since 1996 the number of people diagnosed with
diabetes has increased from 1.4 million to 2.6 million. By 2025 it is estimated that over four million people will have diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
What is the Diabetes Risk Awareness Service?
- A discussion about your lifestyle, such as your diet and how much exercise you take
- Taking a measure of your blood glucose level over the last 2-3 months which gives an indication of the likely risks of developing Type 2 diabetes
- Advice about ways in which you can reduce the risks of developing Type 2 diabetes
Are you eligible for this service?
- Do you have diabetes (Type 1 or 2)?
- Could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a blood disorder such as haemophilia or polycythaemia?
- Do you have any other blood related disorders such as high levels of Haemoglobin F, S or C or Rheumatoid factor?
Arranging an appointment
| More Info: Diabetes Awareness Infographic |
| Pharmacy Locator: Find Your Nearest Alphega Pharmacy |
| Health Advice: Living with Diabetes |