NHS Electronic Prescription Service -
A quicker and more convenient way to get your repeat prescriptions.
The NHS Electronic Prescription Service gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to your pharmacy - by sending it electronically instead of the traditional paper-based method.
The benefits of the new service to you?
- If you normally collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will no longer have to. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to your nominated pharmacy, saving you time.
- The prescription is an electronic message so there is no paper prescription to lose.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- If the prescription ever needs to be altered or cancelled, your GP can electronically issue a new prescription without you having to return to the practice – saving you extra trips.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be prepared before you arrive.
Is this service right for you?
Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- don’t want to go to your GP practice to collect your repeat prescription
- collect your medicines from the same place most of the time or use a prescription collection service now.
It may not be if you:
- don’t get prescriptions very often
- pick up your medicines from different places.
Simply choose which Alphega Pharmacy you would like your repeat electronic prescription to be sent to, then tell either the GP practice or a member of the pharmacy team. Once you’ve nominated the pharmacy, we’ll do the rest for you. You can find your nearest Alphega Pharmacy by using the Pharmacy Locator.