Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
*'This service may or may not be funded by the NHS and varies by locality.*
Since 1996 the number of people diagnosed with diabetes has increased from 1.4 million to over 2.6 million. By 2025 it is estimated that over four million people will have diabetes.
How does it work?
The Diabetes Risk Awareness Service is conducted by trained members of the pharmacy team in our private consultation area and includes:
The consultation should last around 30 minutes.
A discussion about your lifestyle, such as your diet and how much exercise you take
Taking a measure of your blood glucose level over the last 2-3 months which gives an indication of the likely risks of developing Type 2 diabetes
Advice about ways in which you can reduce the risks of developing Type 2 diabetes
Are you eligible for this service?
If you answer ‘yes' to any of the following questions, you are NOT eligible for this service.
- Do you have diabetes (Type 1 or 2)?
- Could you be pregnant?
- Do you have a blood disorder such as haemophilia or polycythaemia?
- Do you have any other blood related disorders such as high levels of Haemoglobin F, S or C or Rheumatoid factor?
Arranging an appointment
Speak to a member of the pharmacy team for more information about the Diabetes Risk Awareness Service.
- NHS Electronic Prescription Service
- Prescription Delivery Service
- Repeat Prescription Service
- Allergy Screening Service
- Asthma Check Service
- Blood Pressure Check Service
- Children's Health Service
- Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
- Dispensing for Care Homes
- Drink Awareness Service
- Drug User Services
- Emergency Contraception Service
- Flu Vaccination Service
- Healthcare, Medicines and Pain Advice
- Healthy Heart Service
- Local & Specific NHS Services
- Medicines Use Review Service (England and Wales only)
- Men's Health Service
- Minor Ailments Service (Scotland only)
- Mole Screening Service
- Monitored Dosage Systems
- Out of Hours Pharmacy Services
- New Medicine Service (England only)
- Stoma Service
- Stop Smoking Service
- Weight Loss Support Service