Drink Awareness Service
What is the Drink Awareness Service?
The Alphega Pharmacy Drink Awareness Service is a free consultation, in the pharmacy, to raise awareness of your alcohol consumption and any health risks that may be associated with this.
The service aims to help you to:
- Understand the level of your drinking in terms of the units of alcohol you are typically consuming and where you are positioned in terms of health risk categories
- Understand the daily guideline limits are for alcohol consumption and what a unit of alcohol is
- Understand the benefits of reducing or stopping drinking alcohol, where appropriate
- Receive guidance and information about strategies to make changes in the levels of alcohol you consume, so you can reduce the risks to your health
The service comprises of a confidential discussion which takes place in a private consultation room. You will be asked to answer a few brief lifestyle questions on a scratchcard, designed to help you to identify whether or not you are drinking within safe guidelines.
You will receive an information leaflet on alcohol units and safe guidelines, incorporating a drinks diary that can be used to track how much alcohol you are drinking on a daily basis over a week.
You will also be given a Unit/Calorie counter to help you to monitor the number of units of alcohol and calories contained within different alcoholic drinks.
|More Info: Alcohol Awareness Infographic|
- NHS Electronic Prescription Service
- Prescription Delivery Service
- Repeat Prescription Service
- Allergy Screening Service
- Asthma Check Service
- Blood Pressure Check Service
- Children's Health Service
- Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
- Dispensing for Care Homes
- Drink Awareness Service
- Drug User Services
- Emergency Contraception Service
- Fatigue Testing
- Flu Vaccination Service
- Healthcare, Medicines and Pain Advice
- Healthy Heart Service
- Local & Specific NHS Services
- Lung Age
- Medicines Use Review Service (England and Wales only)
- Meningitis B Vaccination
- Men's Health Service
- Minor Ailments Service (Scotland only)
- Mole Screening Service
- Monitored Dosage Systems
- New Medicine Service (England only)
- Stoma Service
- Stop Smoking Service
- Weight Loss Support Service
- 24 Hour & Out of Hours Pharmacy Services