Emergency Contraception Service
*'This service may or may not be funded by the NHS and varies by locality.*
You can buy emergency contraception from Alphega Pharmacies* without a prescription and, in some instances, it's also available free of charge.
If you have recently had sex without using contraception, or you think that the contraception you did use might have failed, you may want to find out more about emergency contraception.
If you act quickly (within 72 hours) emergency contraception can usually stop you getting pregnant.
Your Pharmacist will just need to ask you some brief questions to check your suitability before you receive your emergency contraception and to check that you have got all the support you need. They'll also explain your next steps. (Do not worry, this consultation is free and confidential.) Most Alphega Pharmacy pharmacies now have a private consultation area where patients can discuss issues with the Pharmacist without being overheard by other members of the public.
*Subject to a consultation with the Pharmacist. Suitable for customers over the age of 16 only. Cannot be supplied if patients are taking certain types of medication or if it is more than 72 hours since unprotected intercourse.*
Ask your Pharmacist or another member of staff for more details. Check our Pharmacy locator for your nearest pharmacy details.*
| Pharmacy Locator: Find Your Nearest Alphega Pharmacy |
- NHS Electronic Prescription Service
- Prescription Delivery Service
- Repeat Prescription Service
- Allergy Screening Service
- Asthma Check Service
- Blood Pressure Check Service
- Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
- Dispensing for Care Homes
- Drink Awareness Service
- Drug User Services
- Emergency Contraception Service
- Flu Vaccination Service
- Healthcare, Medicines and Pain Advice
- Healthy Heart Service
- Local & Specific NHS Services
- Medicines Use Review Service (England and Wales only)
- Minor Ailments Service (Scotland only)
- Mole Screening Service
- Monitored Dosage Systems
- Out of Hours Pharmacy Services
- New Medicine Service (England only)
- Stoma Service
- Stop Smoking Service
- Weight Loss Support Service