Healthy Heart Service
Our service will measure your blood pressure and level of cholesterol to calculate your risk of heart related conditions. We will discuss with you what actions you can take to improve and control these two aspects of your health, signposting you to our other services that will support you.
How can we help?
- A discussion about your lifestyle, such as whether you smoke, your diet and how much exercise you take
- Taking your blood pressure
- Measuring your cholesterol level by using a small droplet of blood taken from your finger
- Calculating your risk of developing CVD
- Completing an action plan to help reduce your risk which may include referring you
to your GP
Am I eligible for the Healthy Heart Service?
- Are you under 40 or over 74 years of age?
- Could you be pregnant?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you receiving treatment for high blood pressure?
- Are you receiving treatment for high cholesterol levels?
- Do you have a blood disorder such as haemophilia or polycythaemia?
- Are you taking Dopamine, Methyldopa or Warfarin?
- Have you had a heart attack or stroke in the last 12 weeks?
- Do you have Chronic Heart Disease (CHD) or other diseases affecting the arteries, blood vessels and heart?
- Do you have a family history of inherited high cholesterol?
- Do you have Chronic Kidney Disease, including renal dysfunction & diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage/disease caused by diabetes)?
- Do you have diabetes (Type I or II)?
- Do you have epilepsy?
Before you attend your Healthy Heart Service appointment:
- You should not eat or drink any food for 12 hours before your appointment (this includes milk in a cup of tea or coffee). You can drink water. This will help provide an accurate reading for your cholesterol measurement
- Wear a short sleeved T-shirt or a top, which can be removed easily. This will mean that your blood pressure can be easily taken
- Avoid smoking or exercising for at least 30 minutes before your appointment.
| Pharmacy Locator: Pharmacy near me |
- NHS Electronic Prescription Service
- Prescription Delivery Service
- Repeat Prescription Service
- Allergy Screening Service
- Asthma Check Service
- Blood Pressure Check Service
- Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
- Dispensing for Care Homes
- Drink Awareness Service
- Drug User Services
- Emergency Contraception Service
- Flu Vaccination Service
- Healthcare, Medicines and Pain Advice
- Healthy Heart Service
- Local & Specific NHS Services
- Medicines Use Review Service (England and Wales only)
- Minor Ailments Service (Scotland only)
- Mole Screening Service
- Monitored Dosage Systems
- Out of Hours Pharmacy Services
- New Medicine Service (England only)
- Stoma Service
- Stop Smoking Service
- Weight Loss Support Service